Tuesday

My Daily Food Intake

People ask me allot, "What do you eat to look the way you look?" Well, sorry to admit there is no secret formula and no tricks up my sleeve. Why would I as a personal trainer hide a special formula to stay lean & healthy! My desire is to have all my clients lean and mean. That is a secret that would make me RICH! ha ha
However, the formula was discovered a long time ago. The problem is very few people are willing to walk that road. Just as the gate to heaven is narrow and the road to common is wide. Ok, I shouldn't compare fit & lean to going to heaven...It is just that the road to a healthy & productive body is less travelled.
WHY? It takes self discipline, determination, and sacrifices that people are unwilling to commit. If only they would realize how awesome it can be if they would be convicted about the physical gift we have been given..

Once a person realizes the discipline & sacrifices are worth it...somehow it is no longer a sacrifice.  It becomes a way of life. And when your discipline becomes a way of life YOU become powerful in your choices thus leading to an amazing outcome.

Here is a normal day in the life of Shelley Gray:


6:30 am glass of high quality h2o (tap)

Coffee with powdered creamer and real sugar.

Breakfast:

3 eggs and 2 whole wheat toast

Or

Kashi cereal with skim milk

Or

Greek yogurt with FiberOne bar

Snack:

Almonds and banana

Or

Pineapple and yogurt

Or

High Fiber tortilla (80 calories) with cheddar cheese


12:00 Lunch:

Spinach leaves (a HUGE bunch)
2 Boiled eggs
4 baby carrots
Can of chicken or grilled
Banana Peppers
JalapeƱo peppers
Sunflower seeds
Tomatoes (if worthy)
Maple grove balsamic vinegar

Or

Subway chicken or egg white on Italian bread
loaded veggies
mustard

Or

Rice
Beans
Tomatoes
Corn
Green chiles

Snack

Popcorn
Or

Cliff bar

Or

Fruit and pretzels

7:00 Dinner

Steak, chicken or fish
Salad, Grilled veggies

Or

High fiber tortilla
Black beans
Tomato
Feta cheese
Spinach leaves

Snack

Greek Yogurt
With kasha cereal in it

Or

Skim milk
Total Cereal
 
AND YES!  I do eat junky food every now & then.  I am a human  I love pizza, cookies & chocolate. I do not let food rule my day. If I did I would eat crappy & feel worse for it. Choosing to eat healthy increases my attitude, productivity and my mood. 
 
Monitor your mood and tell me junk doesn't make you feel bad.
 
JUNK makes you:
Fat
Moody
Depressed
Light headed
Gastric problems
Headache
Guilty
Hungry
and Unsatisfied